Angels do talk with people – Part 2 August 27, 2007Posted by mercedescoleen in Angels in the bible.
Tags: About Angels, Angels, Angels at Work, Angels in the bible, Angels of God, Heaven
In the last post I cited six scriptures in which angels engaged in conversation with people. In most of the cases, the angels initiated the conversation, showing us that they are very interested in our well being and would offer assistance without being asked. Today I will continue with other references.
1. An angel brought a warning message to the Israelites regarding their allegiance with the heathen around them (Judges 2: 1-4)
2. An angel of the Lord appeared to Gideon and spoke with him about his role in the deliverance of the people of Israel from bondage (Judges 6: 11-24).
3. An angel appeared to Manoah and his wife to give them information about the birth of Samson and his role in Israel’s deliverance from their enemies (Judges 13).
4. As Elijah lay under a juniper tree waiting to die, an angel of the Lord came to him two times, offering him food and water (1 Kings 19: 5-8).
5. An angel of the Lord came to Prophet Elijah and gave him a message for the king of Samaria (2 Kings 1 :2-4).
6. Angry at Elijah’s message, the king of Samaria sent three groups of 50 soldiers to apprehend the prophet. Elijah called down fire on two them. Seeing that, the third captain begged for clemency and the angel appeared again to reassure the prophet and to trll him know that he could go with this captain to see the king (2 Kings 1: 13-15).
More to come on the verbal interaction between angels and people in the bible.