About The Angel Andrew in “Touched By An Angel” August 28, 2010Posted by mercedescoleen in Reviews of Movies, books, music about Angels.
Tags: Angel of Death, books about Angels, Movie Reviews, Reviews of movies, Touched By An Angel
1. Touched by an Angel
I had been looking at the TV series “Touched by an Angel” off and on for several years. I could not help noticing recently, that the Andrew, angel of death, featured quite often. In the series, he works collaboratively with angels such as Tess. You know that someone is going to die when Andrew appears on the scene.
However, is the angel of death an Angel of God or a fallen angel?
2. The truth about the angel of death as dramatized in the Holy Bible.
I heard God telling me that death is an enemy and I also know this to be true from the scriptures. So I conducted a brief search on the topic and will now share my findings:
- In the New Testament, thanatos is the Greek word for death (G 2288).
- Adam brought death by sinning against God (1 Corinthians 15: 21)
- Death is an enemy and will be destroyed (1 Corinthians 15: 26)
- Apostle Paul explained that death controlled humans from the time of Adam’s fall (Romans 5: 14 & 17).
- Hell follows Death (Revelation 6: 8; Isaiah 14: 9)
- Death is accompanied by tears, sorrow and crying (Revelation 21: 4)
- Death and hell hold the unrighteous dead (Revelation 20: 13)
- Jesus pleaded with “strong crying” to be delivered from its power, pains and agony (Hebrews 5: 7; Acts 2: 23 & 24)
- Death destroys the body (1 Corinthians 15: 54)
- It has a sting called sin (1 Corinthians 15: 55)
- Jesus came to deliver us from the fear of death (Hebrews 2: 15)
- Jesus abolished death and gave us life and immortality (2 Timothy 1: 10)
- Death and hell will be cast into the lake of fire for ever (Revelation 20: 14)
- The angel of death does not live in heaven (Revelation 21: 4)
3. Is Andrew a friend of God and His angels?
The angel of death is a fallen angel and enemy of God who will one day be cast into the Lake of Fire.
In the television series “Touched by an Angel“, the angel Andrew is incorrectly portrayed as a friend of God and His angels. This is a serious error and departure from the teachings of the Holy Bible.